Following steps are required to complete Online Application Process
1. (Before you start filling up online application form, keep a jpg file of your recent passport size photograph
for uploading in the form. The file size should not be more than 100 KB and the file name should be of
alphanumeric characters only, without any gap, dot or any other character in between.)
• Item Number 1: Full Name as in your Class 10 board examination certificate.
• Item Number 2: Date of birth as in your Class 10 board examination certificate.
• Item Number 3: Gender.
• Item Number 4: Category under which you seek admission (GE/SC/ST/OBC).
(Applicants seeking admission under any of the reserved categories SC, ST, and OBC (non-creamy) must
produce appropriate category certificate at the time of counseling. Applicants seeking admission under OBC
category must belong to non-creamy layer of the Central List of Government of India. These candidates must
obtain non-creamy layer certificate issued by appropriate authority after March 31, 2013 only on the
prescribed format. This format is available on this web-site.
• Item Number 5: Check the box if belong to PD category.
• Item Number 6: Select Class 12 passing year.
• Item Number 7: Name of parent / guardian.
• Item Number 8: Address for communication.
• Item Number 9: PIN code.
• Item Number 10: Phone / Mobile Number.
• Item Number 11: Email address.
• Item Number 12: Your KVPY Seat Number
(Applicants of SP stream should write their KVPY Application Number)
• Item Number 13: IISER where you would like to go for counseling (any one).
• Item Number 14: Your choice of IISER for admission.
(Select all five IISERs in order of preference. Applications with incomplete selection will not be accepted by
2. Some characters are not accepted in the form. These are: Single quote ( ' ), Double quote( " ) and
backslash ( \ ). The form will be returned back for correction if these characters are found on the application
3. After submission of all the details, preview the form.
4. If you are not fully satisfied, then use edit button and revise/modify the Online Application Form entries.
5. After you are satisfied that all the entries are correct, click on the submit button on the preview screen.
6. After this submission, you will be given your Application Number and your Login Password to login to the
admission website. You will be using this password for all subsequent access to the admission website.
(If you forget your password, go to Applicants Login page and click Forgot Password link. Password will be
sent to you by email.)
7. You will be prompted to get a bank-pay-in slip. Print this slip and go to any branch of State Bank of India,
in the next working day, to pay application fee. Write down the Bank Branch Code and date of deposition on
the pay-in-slip. The application fee for GE and OBC candidates is Rs. 600/- (Rs. 300/- for SC / ST categories)
(add Rs. 20/- as bank charges).
(Do not tamper the barcode printed on the bank-pay-in slip.)
8. While accepting the application fee, the bank official will give a Unique Journal Number on your pay-in-slip.
(Please check that the bank official has entered the Unique Journal Number on the counter foil of your pay-in-
9. Go to the Applicants Login page. You will be asked your Application Number and the Password to login.
10. Enter the Unique Journal Number given by the Bank on your pay-in-slip, Bank Branch Code and the date
of deposition and submit.
11. On Applicants Login, you will be prompted to upload your passport size photograph. Only jpg file format
is accepted by the system. The file size should not be more than 100 KB and the file name should be of
alphanumeric characters only, without any gap, dot or any other character in between. Browse through your
computer and upload your recent passport size photograph.
12. On successful completion of steps 9 to 11 mentioned above, you will be prompted to get your
completed application. Print it on a good quality A4 size paper and keep it along with the counter foil of bank
pay-in-slip safely. These documents will be required at the time of counseling.
(If you are not satisfied with the quality of your photograph, go to the previous step and upload another
13. The candidate and his/her parent/guardian should read the undertaking very carefully and should sign at
the bottom of the PRINTED application. When called for counseling, bring this completed application form and
counterfoil of bank pay-in-slip for verification.
(Do not tamper the barcode printed on the application form.)
14. The application form link below opens the APPLICATION FORM in a new window and you can refer back to
this instruction page if you so desire.